Author Topic: private one to one on-line math tutoring  (Read 11461 times)

yongcheng3315

• Administrator
  • USAMO Winner
private one to one on-line math tutoring
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:55 AM »
I am thinking about private one-on-one live math tutoring on-line.

Many parents asked me before about online private tutoring. I was not able to offer them because I did not have the tools. A parent provided the tools for me to tutor her daughter last Spring and I found the method really worked.

We used Skype and other software as the communication tools. During the class, we worked through the materials together. The student could see me, talk to me, listen to me, see my handwriting, see pdf files. After each class I emailed some problems for homework (and later solutions to all the homework problems). We also posted, discussed some questions in the private discussion forum after class.

I have tried this on-line tutoring method recently for two more students and believe that it is about at least 95% as good as a physical face to face tutoring.

I am able to tutor

(1) regular high school math such as Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Precalculus,

(2) SAT I Math and SAT Subject Math Level II, and

(3) Competition Math such as Mathcounts/AMC8,  Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, AMC 10.

I have time for two students (each about one hour) during the summer on each Sunday.

Please drop me an email message if you are interested : [email protected]
(Please do not consider private tutoring if you are able to do it yourself)

Thanks,

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:03:37 AM by yongcheng3315 »

qunlu

• 2012 AMC Summer Group
  • Mathcounts Chapter Champion
Re: private one to one on-line math tutoring
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »
I just send email. Thanks.

Qun